xmpp message passing between two emulators
Is it possible to launch two emulators simultaneously? If so, is it
possible to pass messages between them using xmpp? Sounds
like a tall order.
Looks like it's possible, though not as easy as it should be: http://tinyurl.com/3cjmp4
(sorry for TinyURL link to Google groups, gotta fix this forum
because the long link made this post look all messed up )
Anyways, here's the instructions from the Google groups:
See the limitations of multiple copies of the emulator at http://code.google.com/android/reference/emulator.html#multipleinstances
"adb devices" won't report the second emulator as a separate device.
The first copy owns the hard disk image file. Subsequent concurrent
copies use an temporary disk file, which won't have what you are
Here's one solution:
1. Push the application(s) for user A to the emulator. The easy way
to do this is just to run them.
2. Close the emulator.
3. Copy the "userdata.img" file, say to "copydata.img". (See http://code.google.com/android/reference/emulator.html#startup-options
for the location on your platform).
4. Push the application(s) for user B to a new instance of the
emulator. Set the XMPP settings for user B's login.
5. Start a second copy of the emulator using the copied disk image
file, e.g. "emulator -data copydata.img".
6. In the second emulator, set the XMPP setting to user A's login.
7. In each emulator run your applications.
Note that only the first emulator will write to the log, so that
should be the application with the "interesting" functionality.